Location: Toronto, ON
Type: Full-time, permanent
Reports to: Executive Director, Manager of Sponsorships and Philanthropy
Salary range: $40,000 – $46,000
Submission deadline: Monday, July 4th or by other arrangement
Start date: July 2022
In person / work from home: Full remote working is negotiable with this role
JOIN OUR TEAM
We are a core team of 7 individuals, who most recently produced the world premiere of R.U.R. A Torrent of Light, a robot opera examining the threats and possibilities of AI. Tapestry provides a flexible and collaborative environment and in order to create and share extraordinary ideas, art, and initiatives. Tapestry Opera encourages applicants from all backgrounds to apply. Our staff and leadership composition both represents and champions diversity in our artistic activities and in artistic administration.
We are committed to equity and justice in hiring and will welcome and encourage applications from people from communities of colour, LGBTQ2S, Indigenous, disabled, and other equity-seeking communities to apply.
THINGS THAT MATTER
- We make art that is socially engaged – you have an understanding or lived experience of principles of equity and anti-oppression, and/or are interested in and open to the process of learning
- You have an understanding of and connection to opera as an art form
- You have solid writing, analysing, and communication skills
- You have proficiency with Google Suite, Microsoft Office, WordPress, and basic design skills (familiarity with one or more of the following preferred: InDesign, Publisher, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.).
- You see challenge as an opportunity
- You are looking for work you’ll love. We do this because we love the work, and we like each other.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Flexibility with hours, work-from-home days (even in non-pandemic times!)
- Casual working environment
- Unlimited vacation and paid time off
- Open, transparent, and communicative office culture
- Professional development opportunities
- Your expertise is valued and trusted, and you will have real input into decision-making
- Tickets to all Tapestry productions
About the role
The Advancement Associate will provide support to the Manager of Philanthropy and Sponsorship and the Executive Director. We are looking for someone with 3-plus years administrative experience with a history of strong writing, some understanding of CRMs, not-for-profit, and fundraising. We’re a highly collaborative team, and this role would work closely with the entire Tapestry team to ensure clear communication with donors, patrons and audiences, and a well-supported Advancement department.
Projects that this role will fundraise to support include:
- Commissioning of Canadian writers and composers
- World premiere productions
- COR – The Canadian Opera Resource: a smart wiki and marketplace for Canadian operas and arias
- Women in Musical Leadership: 3-year program for Women and non-binary conductors
- Cultivation of emerging creative and performing artists
- Other dynamic artistic programming
What you will do:
This is a comprehensive but not exhaustive list, in which there is room for growth in particular areas of interest to the applicant. As with any small organization, additional duties as required, within reason and subject to discussion.
- Participate in and contribute to strategy sessions and long term planning
- Develop relationships with staff, volunteers, and board members
- Identify areas for Professional Development within and outside the organization
- Contribute to board meetings and AGMs as required
- Writing support, editing and proofreading for the company and marketing department
Government, Corporate, and Foundational Fundraising Support
- Research into relevant government grants
- Writing support on government grants
- Track deadlines, reports, and deliverables for government grants
- Track deadlines, reports, and deliverables for foundation grants
- Track recognition, deliverables for corporate sponsorships
- Research, prospecting, and identifying new avenues for foundation, corporate, and individual fundraising
- Develop collateral and assets for corporate and foundation pitches and applications
- Participate in and contribute to strategy sessions and pitch ideations
Individual Giving and Philanthropy Support
- Participate in and contribute to strategy sessions and planning
- Track deadlines and deliverables for seasonal campaigns
- Oversee the reconciliation of all individual donations between CRM and Accounting software
- Oversee the issuing of all tax receipts
- Develop collateral for major gift proposals
- Assist in the development of Winter Membership Drive and Spring Membership Drive
- Assist with building reports and record keeping in CRM software
If this sounds like something that you could love, we’d like to hear from you.
Checklist: Please include as one complete pdf file, in this order:
- Cover letter (hint, research the company) on why you’d like to work for Tapestry and why you think you’d make an excellent candidate for this role.
- Up-to-date resume.
If you are invited for an interview, please be prepared to provide two references that we can contact by phone and/or email.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday July 6 and Friday July 8. If you are invited for an interview, please provide two references that we can contact by phone and/or email.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your pdf attachment and include Artistic Producer in the subject line.
Deadline for applications is July 4, 2022
We look forward to meeting you!