Patron Engagement Call Representative
Freshly off winning a stunning count of five Dora awards in 2017, Tapestry Opera has taken its place as the leader in the creation of opera from the heart of here and now. In 2016, Tapestry Opera was named one of “ten artists reshaping Canada’s artistic landscape” by the CBC. We are proud to be the creative and disruptive force in Canada’s opera renaissance. From our home in Toronto we commission, develop, and bring to life stories penned by such luminaries as Anne Marie MacDonald, Atom Egoyan, Colleen Murphy, Marjorie Chan and Hannah Moscovitch: we combine captivating stories with innovative and compelling music by such compositional leaders as Nic Gotham, Omar Daniel, Nicole Lizee, and James Rolfe.
Although Tapestry is a 38 year-old company with strong government and private support, Tapestry remains an artistically alternative opera company. We are the cutting edge for opera, evolving and exploring the world through the powerful lens of opera. Tapestry is a leader in the indie opera movement, and is the most prolific producer of new and experimental works in Canada. Our shows are fresh, and our venues are intimate and compelling.
We are looking for someone to contact existing and potential subscribers and donors through our in-house program. Representatives work on subscription sales and annual fundraising campaigns with existing patrons to increase engagement with Tapestry Opera’s audience base. The position involves making outbound telephone calls with leads provided by Tapestry Opera.
- Must adhere to the hours as required.
- Must be reliable and punctual
- Must be a motivated self-starter who can effectively take direction and who loves working toward individual and team goals
- Excellent communications skills–well spoken and excellent interpersonal skills
- Motivated and passionate about theatre/arts–a love for and knowledge of opera would be amazing, but is not required
- Box office or front of house experience an asset.
- Direct sales experience an asset
- Successful telemarketing experience an asset
- Work in an office in a beautiful heritage building in the Distillery Historic District.
- A workspace with 17 ft ceilings and 8-foot windows overlooking a Victorian brick plaza.
- Flexibility with hours and work apparel.
- Walking distance from a brewery, sake maker, artisan chocolate maker, and some of Canada’s best coffee. Opportunities to attend Tapestry performances and events
- Opportunities for personal growth in a flexible and ambitious environment.
How to Apply:
If this sounds like something that you would love, we would love to hear from you!
Please include as one complete pdf file, in this order:
- Cover letter (hint, research the company) on why you’d like to work for Tapestry and why you think you’d make an excellent candidate for this role.
- Up-to-date resume.
- If you are invited for an interview, please be prepared to provide two references whom we can contact by phone and/or email.
- Email email@example.com with your pdf attachment and include Patron Engagement Call Representative Position in the subject line.
Name: DeeAnn Sagar
Telephone Ext.: 243