PROTECTING OUR PATRON AND DONORS’ PRIVACY
Tapestry Opera (“TAPESTRY”) and its agents take the issue of privacy seriously. Tapestry has developed the Policy on the Protection of Patron Information (“this Policy”) to formalize procedures necessary to ensure the privacy of personal patron information (current and potential ticket buyers and donors), and to communicate that policy to patrons, staff, appointed representatives and business associates.
There are 10 principles to which Tapestry aspires. These principles form the basis of Ontario’s “Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act” (PIPEDA).
PRINCIPLE 1: ACCOUNTABILITY
Tapestry has a designated Privacy Officer, who may be contacted at:
316-9 Trinity Street
Historic Distillery District
Toronto, ON M5A 3C4
PRINCIPLE 2: IDENTIFYING INFORMATION AND PURPOSES
Personal information on TAPESTRY patrons may include:
- Name, home and business address, telephone numbers, e-mail address
- Age and birth date
- Personal and public financial information
- Purchasing and donating history
- Medical information (only related to seating needs)
- Professional and personal relationships, affiliations and activities
- Artistic preferences and other personal interests
- Seating and donation preferences
- Patron communications such as letters or verbal feedback
- Any new purpose is subject to approval by the Privacy Committee and Privacy Officer
How we use this information:
- To communicate with and maintain a responsible professional relationship with TAPESTRY patrons
- To understand the needs and desires of patrons, and to develop sales, service and donor programmes suitable to TAPESTRY patrons
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements
- On occasion, we exchange promotions from other cultural organizations we feel our patrons would be interested in. We do not sell or exchange your contact information or our e-mail lists.
- Sponsorship plays a vital role in funding our operations. On behalf of our sponsors, we may occasionally share special promotions with our patrons
- We do not sell our list or patron information under any circumstance
PRINCIPLE: 3 CONSENT
Consent for the collection, retention and use of personal patron information is implicit when patrons provide such information. TAPESTRY patron information is never sold. Patrons may request that Tapestry limit its communications with them. These requests will be implemented as soon as possible although due to the extensive lead-time for printing and processing of our mailings, communications may not cease for a one-month period.
PRINCIPLE 4: LIMITING COLLECTION
All information collected is used by Tapestry for communicating with patrons, for patron service and for patron analysis. Information that does not validly serve these purposes will not be collected or retained.
PRINCIPLE 5: LIMITING USE, DISCLOSURE AND RETENTION
Personal information shall not be used, stored or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual or as required by law. Personal information shall be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
PRINCIPLE 6: ACCURACY
Tapestry makes every effort to create and maintain accurate electronic-data and hard-copy files. Tapestry updates all files when new information becomes available or is provided.
PRINCIPLE 7: SAFEGUARDS
Tapestry has processes and procedures in place to ensure security safeguards for patron information. Only authorized TAPESTRY staff, or its agents, (such as organizational bookkeeper, auditor) may have access to patron information. These agents are bound by contract to Tapestry privacy policies and procedures.
PRINCIPLE 8: OPENNESS
This Policy shall disclose the principles that Tapestry will strive to maintain. Inquiries or complaints regarding any aspect of this Policy should be directed to the Privacy Officer.
PRINCIPLE 9: INDIVIDUAL ACCESS
Upon request, a TAPESTRY patron shall be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of his or her personal information, and shall be given access to that information. The accuracy or completeness of such information will be amended as appropriate.
PRINCIPLE 10: CHALLENGING COMPLIANCE
All inquiries or complaints regarding Tapestry’s compliance with this Policy should be directed to the Privacy Officer.
Please Note: Information posted on TAPESTRY.COM and on all electronic mailings issued by Tapestry Opera—including dates, casting, pricing, repertoire and productions—is assumed correct at time of transmission and is subject to change.
Updated April 20, 2017