Ernest Balmer Studio
The Ernest Balmer Studio is the creative home of Tapestry and Nightwood Theatre. Located on the 3rd floor of 9 Trinity in the Distillery Historic District, the Ernest Balmer Studio was recently renovated and is regularly used for theatre, concert, and special events.
Check for availability or inquire about booking well in advance.
Rent the Studio
For more information on renting the studio please contact:
416.537.6066 x 224
Studio features include:
- 1320 square feet of unobstructed space, 30’ X 44’
- 17-foot ceilings / 8-foot windows
- newly refinished sprung, hardwood floors
- grand piano available
- stackable chairs for 100 (studio capacity: 150)
- 2 x 200 amp electrical service
- loading dock & industrial elevator access (for heavy equipment)
- ample public washrooms
- kitchenette area (microwave, fridge, sink, coffee maker)
With affordable weekly, daily, and hourly rental rates for not-for-profits, The Ernest Balmer Studio is a valuable resource for Toronto-based and visiting artists and arts organizations in search of an open rehearsal space, or intimate performance venue.