The Ernest Balmer Studio functions as the creative home of Tapestry and Nightwood Theatre. Located on the 3rd floor of 9 Trinity in the Distillery Historic District, the Ernest Balmer Studio has been renovated to be ideal for theatre, concert, and special events.
Check for availability or inquire about booking well in advance to be sure to secure this popular venue.
RENT THE STUDIO
Studio features include:
- 1320 square feet of unobstructed space, 30’ X 44’
- 17-foot ceilings / 8-foot windows
- newly refinished sprung, hardwood floors
- grand piano available
- stackable chairs for 100 (studio capacity: 150)
- 2 x 200 amp electrical service
- loading dock & industrial elevator access (for heavy equipment)
- ample public washrooms
- kitchenette area (microwave, fridge, sink, coffee maker)
With affordable weekly, daily, and hourly rental rates for not-for-profits, The Ernest Balmer Studio is a valuable resource for Toronto-based and visiting artists and arts organizations in search of an open rehearsal space, or intimate performance venue.
To inquire about availability of the studio call: (416) 537-6066 extension 222) or email us at: email@example.com
The calendar below indicates rentals and holds on the studio for your general planning purposes. Please note that block holds may not be confirmed or might not constitute full day rentals and there may be partial days available .