Location: Toronto, ON
Type: 9 week internship
Reports to: Executive Director
Salary range: $15/hr x 35 hours/wk x 9 weeks = $4,725
Submission deadline: Thursday June 30
Start date: First or second week of July 2022
In person / work from home: In person, with some work from home days negotiable
Tapestry Opera is Canada’s leader in contemporary opera and a regular commissioner and producer of new works. We are a core team of 7 individuals, who most recently produced the world premiere of R.U.R. A Torrent of Light, a robot opera examining the threats and possibilities of AI.
Tapestry provides a flexible and collaborative environment and in order to create and share extraordinary ideas, art, and initiatives. Our staff and leadership composition both represents and champions diversity in our artistic activities and in artistic administration.
We are committed to equity and justice in hiring and will welcome and encourage applications from people from communities of colour, LGBTQ2S, Indigenous, disabled, and other equity-seeking communities to apply
THINGS THAT MATTER
- We make art that is socially engaged – you have an understanding or lived experience of principles of equity and anti-oppression, and/or are interested in and open to the process of learning
- You have an understanding of and connection to opera as an art form
- You have solid writing, analysing, and communication skills
- You have proficiency with Google Suite, Microsoft Office, WordPress, and basic design skills (familiarity with one or more of the following preferred: InDesign, Publisher, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.).
- You see challenge as an opportunity
- You are looking for work you’ll love. We do this because we love the work, and we like each other.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Flexibility with hours, work-from-home days (even in non-pandemic times!)
- Casual working environment
- Unlimited vacation and paid time off
- Open, transparent, and communicative office culture
- Professional development opportunities
- Your expertise is valued and trusted, and you will have real input into decision-making
- Tickets to all Tapestry productions
The Projects and Programs Coordinator position is accountable to, and reports to the Executive Director and other core staff on a project by project basis. This is a 9 week, mostly in person Internship. Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Composer Librettist Laboratory – 10-day creative intensive creating 16 mini operas!
- Box Concerts – touring 1 person show, travelling around the GTA July-Sept
- Office and Studio Relocation – working with the Production Manager of the move to sort, organize and deal with the logistics of the upcoming office and studio move
- Assist in office organizational tasks including filing and paperwork
- Assist with organization and cataloging of archival promotion and publicity material
- Other duties as assigned
- Either returning/going to school in 2022 or having graduated from school in 2022
- In person (Toronto). Many components of this position will require in person work, some components may be completed in a work-from-home scenario.
- Experience in administration, production, and/or project management
- Familiarity and ease working with Google Drive
- Familiarity and ease working with email
- Strong writing and verbal communication
- Positive can-do attitude and willingness to learn