HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
- To improve and personalize user experience and understand how patrons use our services and resources on our website.
- To send patrons information about topics we think will be of interest to them, with their consent.
- To understand the needs and desires of patrons, and to develop sales, service and donor programmes suitable to Tapestry Opera patrons.
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements.
- On occasion, we exchange promotions from other cultural organizations we feel our patrons would be interested in. We do not sell or exchange your contact information or our email lists.
- Sponsorship plays a vital role in funding our operations. On behalf of our sponsors, we may occasionally share special promotions with our patrons.
- To send periodic emails – The email address patrons provide for order processing will only be used to send them information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries and/or other requests or questions. If a patron decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, fundraising information, related product, or service information, etc. If at any time the patron would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
All information collected is used by Tapestry for communicating with patrons, for patron service and for patron analysis. Information that does not validly serve these purposes will not be collected or retained.
HOW LONG WE STORE PERSONAL DATA
Patron data will only be stored until the purpose the data was collected for has been achieved.
You will be notified if your data is kept for longer than this period.
WHO WE SHARE PERSONAL DATA WITH
We will not sell or share your data with other third parties, except in the following cases:
1. If the law requires it;
2. If it is required for any legal proceeding; and
3. To prove or protect our legal rights.
If you follow hyperlinks from our Site to another Site, please note that we are not responsible for and have no control over their privacy policies and practices.
THE TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal Identification Information
We may collect personal identification information from patrons in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to:
- Name, home and business address, telephone numbers, email address and payment information
- Purchasing and donating history
- Artistic preferences and other personal interests
- Seating and donation preferences
- Patron communications such as letters or verbal feedback
We will collect personal identification information from patrons only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Patrons can always refuse to supply personal identification information, but it may prevent them from engaging in certain activities.
Non-personal Identification Information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our website. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, and the type of computer and technical information patrons use to access our website such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
While we take all reasonable precautions to ensure that user data is secure and that users are protected, there always remains the risk of harm. The Internet as a whole can be insecure at times and therefore we are unable to guarantee the security of user data beyond what is reasonably practical.
We do not knowingly collect or use personal data from children under 16 years of age. If we learn that we have collected personal data from a child under 16 years of age, the personal data will be deleted as soon as possible. If a child under 16 years of age has provided us with personal data their parent or guardian may contact our Privacy Officer.
HOW WE MANAGE AND PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will never sell, rent or trade your personal information. We protect all the personal information we collect. Information given on our ticket purchasing site is encrypted.
It’s sometimes necessary for third party providers to have access to your data so that they can perform services on our behalf (for example we use Emma to send out email information).
Tapestry Opera occasionally engages the use of external agencies/consultants to deliver data analysis and research projects.
When we provide services, we want to make them easy, useful and reliable. Where services are delivered on the internet, this sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your device, for example, your computer or mobile phone. These include small files known as cookies. They cannot be used to identify you personally.
These pieces of information are used to improve services for you, such as analysing anonymised data to help us understand how people interact with our services so we can make them better. A cookie often includes a randomly generated number which is stored on your device. Many cookies are automatically deleted after you finish using the website.
DO NOT TRACK NOTICE
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that you can set in certain web browsers. We do not track the users of our Site over time and across third party websites and therefore do not respond to browser- initiated DNT signals.
By using this website, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our website. Your continued use of the website following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
You can withdraw your consent by Contacting the Privacy Officer.
When the legal basis for us processing your personal data is that you have provided your consent to that processing, you may withdraw your consent at any time. If you withdraw your consent, it will not make processing which we completed before you withdrew your consent unlawful.
Tapestry makes every effort to create and maintain accurate electronic-data and hard-copy files. Tapestry updates all files when new information becomes available or is provided. Upon request, a patron shall be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of his or her personal information, and shall be given access to that information. The accuracy or completeness of such information will be amended as appropriate.
For users in the European Union, we adhere to the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016, known as the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”). For users in the United Kingdom, we adhere to the GDPR as enshrined in the Data Protection Act 2018.
We have not appointed a Data Protection Officer as we do not fall within the categories of controllers and processors required to appoint a Data Protection Officer under Article 37 of the GDPR.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING
We collect and process personal data about users in the EU only when we have a legal basis for doing so under Article 6 of the GDPR.
We rely on the following legal bases to collect and process the personal data of users in the EU:
1. Users have provided their consent to the processing of their data for one or more specific purposes;
2. Processing of user personal data is necessary for us or a third party to pursue a legitimate interest. Our legitimate interest is not overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of users. Our legitimate interest(s) are set out above in : HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION.
YOUR RIGHTS AS A USER
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights:
1. Right to be informed;
2. Right of access;
3. Right to rectification;
4. Right to erasure;
5. Right to restrict processing;
6. Right to data portability; and
7. Right to object.
HOW TO ACCESS, MODIFY, DELETE, OR CHALLENGE THE DATA COLLECTED
If you would like to know if we have collected your personal data, how we have used your personal data, if we have disclosed your personal data and to who we disclosed your personal data, if you would like your data to be deleted or modified in any way, or if you would like to exercise any of your other rights under the GDPR, please contact our privacy officer here:
316-9 Trinity Street
Historic Distillery District
Toronto, ON M5A 3C4
HOW TO OPT-OUT OF DATA COLLECTION, USE OR DISCLOSURE
In addition to the method(s) described in the HOW TO ACCESS, MODIFY, DELETE, OR CHALLENGE THE DATA COLLECTED section, we provide the following specific opt-out methods for the forms of collection, use, or disclosure of your personal data specified below:
1. You can opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing emails.
2. You can opt-out by clicking “unsubscribe” on the bottom of any marketing email.
316-9 Trinity Street
Historic Distillery District
Toronto, ON M5A 3C4
Last updated July 2021